As we say farewell to 2019 and welcome 2020, here is just a quick wrap up of the events of 2019!
• N 17 Burger Co. Port Douglas re-opens it’s door to the bigger and better venue!
• Our inaugural What’s On In Port Easter Treasure Hunt is a massive success, thank you to all involved.
• Port Douglas Carnivale Silver & Sunshine has more events than previous years, and hugely popular
• The Little Larder Port Douglas moves to new and bigger premises
• Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas turns 30 and introduces the Pathway of Pythons and the Nocturnal Habitat!
• The Mighty Mossman Show has great numbers attending
• The Crocodile themed ‘Pump Track’ in Mossman opens
• Port Douglas shares in many events such as the Mighty Moscow Circus, the Bondi to Batt, Reef to Reef, Targa Rally and Call of the Running Tide art festival
• The Shaolin Port Douglas and Pebble AustraliaAustralia return to Port
• We welcome new businesses – Black Sesame Port Douglas, Starwin Shopfront, Melaleuca Port Douglas, Green Taxi, Toast Sandwich Bar, Nails Hub, KoKo Poolside Bar and Kitchen, Trying 2B Good, Art In Transit Port Douglas FNQ cooperative and Paradise Pilates – and PT – at Plantation Resort
• We host our first collection for Share the Dignity Sanitary drive and Christmas It’s In The Bag donation drive
• Douglas Shire hosts Port Shorts, Band Together Bushfire relief and the ever popular Carols by Candlelight
• Mossman Pool reopens and holds its first ever ‘Dive in Movies’
• A few name changes occur – QT becomes Oaks Port Douglas, Dave’s Takeaway has new owners and Oaks Lagoons becomes Silkari Lagoons and Choo Choos st crispins became St. Crispins Cafe & Events
• The Clink Theatre presents an array of amazing shows with our talented local casts, including Oliver, 13 The Musical, Ladies & Gentlemen, Nunsense, A Night at the Opera and Into the Woods
• The PDYC – Port Douglas Yacht Club puts on some amazing events with the likes of Arj Barker, Lunatica, Akmal, Katchafire and the ever popular Full Moon and Black Moon parties!
All of that crammed into one year!!! We are delighted to have been able to promote all of these events and opportunities to you, and look forward to seeing what 2020 has to offer.
We live in an amazing part of the world, with beautiful scenery and idyllic weather all year round. Let’s all take a moment to appreciate what we have and how lucky we are to have all of this in our back yard.
All the very best for 2020 and we look forward to sharing your good stories, new businesses, events and all the good stuff in the Douglas Shire!!