‘EXPERIENCE THE JOURNEY’
WHAT IS THE TARGA GREAT BARRIER REEF TOUR?
The Targa Tour is a unique opportunity to take part in the world renowned ‘Targa Australia’ Tarmac events as a motoring enthusiast. You will enjoy the freedom of driving your pride and joy, your classic restoration, or your brand new GT ‘Special Stages’ of our events. You will rub shoulders with legends, feel the rush of the corners, the exhilaration of mountainous roads and enjoy a bonding journey like no other -.
This is a team event, just as the main competition, each driver depends on their navigator to guide them though each stage and relies upon them to arrive at the next stage. This is the Ultimate driving experience.
The tour adheres to the sign posted speed limits, although there is still plenty of opportunity to enjoy you car in a very “spirited” manner- the way they were designed. The Targa tour follows the same course as competition vehicles, on closed roads using both sides of the road, ensuring you feel every twist and turn of the event and come across the hard earned finish line.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE ENTRY FEE?
- Road Books for all stages and touring stages
- Competitor Lanyards and official ‘Invitation to compete’
- Participation of each stage of the event
- Complimentary entry ticket to the official Welcome Party for Driver and Co -Driver
- Lunch on each full day of the competition for Driver and Co-Driver
- A set of vinyl Targa number plates and vehicle door panels.
- Competitor briefing
- Finishers Medallion for Driver and Co-Driver (upon completion of the event)
WHERE DO I START?
- You will need a road registered vehicle that is also required to meet safety and event regulations.
- You will need a partner in crime to sit along side you.
- Both Driver and Navigator will need a minimum CAMS Level 2 Non Speed licence
- To download CAMS Licence application forms, click here
HOW DO I ENTER?
- Create your Competitor Console via the Login box in the top right hand corner of our website, www.targa.com.au. This will allow you to enter all Targa Events including the Targa Great Barrier Reef Tour.
For further details on how to fill in your on line entry click here
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Current Targa Tour entry fees – click here
- An initial deposit is required to secure your entry.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Download a copy of the Supplementary Regulations (released pre-event). Section H will guide you through the rules of the Tour as well as the event in General. These regulations will also advise of the mandatory safety requirements.
WHO DO I CONTACT?
- For further questions, and entry details please contact our competitor’s manager
- 03 6221 8888